Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sabertooth Zombie - ...And Your Fathers Are Dead In The Ground




Me and hardcore have never been good friends. Sure we wave to each other at parties and sometimes we'll reminisce about being kids together but to be honest, we've grown apart and I can mainly blame that on my local Hardcore scene (along with the ENTIRE Midwest's Hardcore scene) being dominated by limp-dicked kids that just strap on a guitar and churn out some generic crap so they can be in a crew. That left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. But every once in a while Hardcore and I really hit it off and this is one of those times. Sabertooth Zombie are an extremely unique act combining bits of metal, punk and stoner rock into one big ugly creature. The vocals are as in your face as humanly possible and the riffs are energetic and inventive. The rhythm section creates a very gnarly backdrop with plenty of slammin' low-end. One hell of a surprise. The first time I heard this record I could HEAR what this band was about and I could FEEL it and to be honest, that's something that too many bands lack these days.

For fans of: Akimbo, Tragedy, Young Widows, Swamp Thing and Rotting Out

EAT PAVEMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment