Friday, December 24, 2010

Dukatalon - Saved By Fear



Now you know me, I fucking hate Israel but I love sludge. Well as always, I never let anything get in the way of my hunger for low-end skull-rattling riffs. 'Saved By Fear' has been made available stateside through the witchcraft weaving bastards at Relapse Records after its initial release back in 2009. Well the record starts off with a swell of noise and feedback and then quickly rolls into riffs that bulldoze through your head like a rhinoceros on coke. The vocals are low in the mix and add more aggression rather being upfront and in your face. The band plays with High On Fire/EyeHateGod style guitar-work while the drums bang along rather competently. The solos however sound eerily similar(and I mean damn near plagiarism) to Matt Pike's. This ain't a bad thing but here in the sludge world, we don't need more imitators. With all of that aside this record is an absolutely mammoth collection of sick riffs and the fact that it came from the middle east is an added bonus.

FUCK ISRAEL

For Fans of: old High On Fire, EyeHateGod and dot(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment