Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lake - Let's Build A Roof



Any of you that know me moderately well (or even very little) should know that I'm a big Adventure Time geek. Well after having the song from the credits stuck in my head for what seems like forever I finally got the gumption to go out in search of the soothing sounds that accompany the end of my favorite cartoon (that's right cartoon, suck a fat one if you think that ain't metal). Well I finally came across Lake and their album Let's Build a Roof and while I'm never big on the indie sound this album is awesome. You have beautiful guitar parts that seem to build up a dreamy atmosphere while the gorgeous female vocals shimmer through choruses and ethereal keyboard passages. If you need some good chill music then I guarantee you'll find everything in order here.

SMOOTH SAILIN'

For Fans Of: Arcade Fire, Black Moth Super Rainbow, The Flaming Lips and The Antlers

No comments:

Post a Comment