Friday, November 26, 2010

Part Chimp - Thriller



When it comes to noisy rock music of the stoned out variety, normally I know my deal but surprisingly this band slipped under my radar. Coincidentally I saw the cover of this record somewhere before and I tried to make a mental note to download/buy it somewhere but sadly (as my memory is rather shit these days) about a year later I still couldn't remember. Luckily Steve Brooks (America's Sweetheart of Torche/Floor fame) posted them on his page and my mind went all a twitter with excitement. Upon listening to it for the first time, it had everything I could ever want. Dreamy guitars with fabulously HEAVY low-end and nimble-but-punishing drums. The vocals slide and drip over this big stoner-sundae like 'butters drippin' ovah hot biscuits'. Nothing sounds better to my ears right now. Epic in every sense of the word.

Let me put it into words:

If the magazine 'Heavy Metal' had a soundtrack, this would be it. That's right; the only album ever to really match the awesomeness of monster slayin' babes and hunks behind the controls of a massive starship and maybe even a dragon fighting an eagle or some shit. It's just THAT good.


Imagine if you will, a world where Floor, Melvins, Big Business, Sonic Youth and Black Sabbath were all one and the same.

I'M GOING TO MAKE YOUR ASSHOLE LOOK LIKE A USED TIRE

No comments:

Post a Comment