Monday, April 5, 2010

Rosetta - The Galilean Satellites





Rosetta has sat on my hard drive for quite some time; 2-3 years I do believe. Occasionally I would pop them on and give them a try, riding their riffs and surfing through their tides of ambiance but only recently after the 'Great Bearded One' notified me that their 'The Galilean Satellites' release is meant to be played with both discs in unison did I really become interested. Sure Neurosis and Boris have done it before (and with FANTASTIC RESULTS!) but this still peaked my interest. Sure enough I popped this on one day in the proper manner and I was blown away, a few seconds in and I was wowed to the point of shouting to my girlfriend over the blaring guitars. I immediately purchased it before the first song was over. For people that are tired of the conventional "Post-Metal" (hurr durr hipster) borefest I suggest you pick this up; it does what this whole genre is known best for without becoming trapped in the pitfalls that have ensnared so many other NeurIsis clones out there. This record is a monument to sound.


This album is comprised of two parts; disc 1 (Sludge Riff-a-thon) and disc 2 (ambient backdrop) and when combined they tell an epic story of space travel which is continued on Wake/Lift.

Recommended for fans of: Supercontinent, Tephra, Isis, Neurosis and Year of No Light

Download Disc 1
Download Disc 2

Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment